Friday, February 12, 2016

Long Time Since I Rambled



It's been a long time since I've rambled on this blog.  Let's face it, I've neglected it terribly.  I guess, to be frank, it's because I don't think much about single life any longer.  It's become a way of life, rather than a mourning hole in my soul.  It's been seventeen years since I left my ex-husband.  I was married to him eighteen years.  Funny how it's taken so long to adjust.

Have I dated?  Well, not since my heart got broken in 2004.  Have I tried?  Oh, yeah, met some guy online, talked on the phone, and met for lunch a few months later.  I swore after he rejected me upon first sight that I would never put myself through that kind of humiliation again.  You know what?  I haven't.  

Instead, I've immersed my life into my authorship of romance novels -- frankly, it's a joke since I haven't experienced romance in years.  I work full-time.  See my son and two grand children, and just turned sixty-six. 

So, you see, I'm no longer the typical single.  I started a growing-old blog last year on WordPress.  Saucy & 65.  Rather than bitching about being lonely and without love, I bitch about growing old instead.

Nevertheless, my single blog is still here for those of you looking for help, a shoulder to cry upon, a soul that understands, a few jokes, and some suggestions.  I'm going to let it die a quiet death, while I focus upon Medicare and drooping body parts.  Take from me....everything droops, drops, stretches, etc.

To all of you singles out there, here are my parting words.  There is life and a good one to be had, even if you do so without someone at your side.  If you are young enough, perhaps you will find love again and a mate to support and care.  If not, dogs, cats, and birds come in handy to fill the void (unless you prefer snakes, rodents, and other assorted animals).

I leave you with this parting thought taken from the last words of the recent War & Peace 2016 BBC adaptation:

 "When our lives are knocked off course, we imagine everything in them is lost. But it is only the start of something new and good. As long as there is life, there is happiness. There is a great deal. A great deal still to come."

All my best,

No comments: